There were a lot of changes in the PPC industry in 2010. Facebook has become a major player in the PPC world. Microsoft took over PPC ads for Yahoo and now serves ads on about 30% of searches.
And some things don’t change. Google continues to thrash everyone and a poorly managed PPC campaign is still equivalent to flushing cash down the toilet.
Top 6 PPC Posts of 2010
In 2010 I wrote nearly 100 posts, but these were the posts that the readers thought were the best:
- Why I Hate Facebook PPC Ads – A User’s Perspective topped the list despite being a December post (thanks to a mention from Chris Crum at WebProNews) and was also the most commented post
- Free AdWords Checklist: The 13 Deadly Sins
- 4 Ideas for Landing Page Forms – a guest post from Megan Leap of ion interactive
- 13 Deadly Sins of AdWords – Conclusion
- Gmail PPC Fail
- 5 Reasons PPC Is Better than the Ipad
The top posts include a Facebook rant, a free download, a guest post, a post from 2009 that still gets a lot of pageviews, a post poking fun at a messed up PPC campaign and a post poking fun at the Apple iPad. The Facebook rant benefited greatly from the mention in WebProNews and the 13 Deadly Sins list got some love from being posted in PPC-related LinkedIn groups. All of these posts got help from Twitter.
Personally I’m happy to see that everyone enjoyed the variety and if you have a suggested topic you’d like to see me address in 2011 please leave me a comment.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
*Rankings based on pageviews from January 1, 2010 to December 20, 2010