Getting targeted traffic is probably one of the biggest problems that webmasters often face. Finding the needed sources is hard enough as it is, so I have created a convenient list of sure and effective ways to build targeted traffic for your site. Yes, you’ve heard that correctly, our keyword is “build”.
Effective Ways To Build Targeted Traffic
• Engage well in healthy discussions. It can be as simple an e-mail sent to someone to something more complex like chatting with friends online. Any action that requires interaction is a good way to create loyal readers.
• Participate and join in forums that are relevant to the content you are promoting. Learn from them and also share a thing or two to others. Show what you really have and people will soon follow you through your website.
• Post comments on blogs which are relevant to your site.
• Track back articles and content from other blogs.
• Find an affordable contextual advertising service for long tail keywords which you can use to screen out unwanted clients.
• Sign up for social networking groups relevant to your field of business. Interact with people within those communities accordingly.
• Exchange or share guest posts with other blog owners.
• Article marketing can also be a good suggestion. E-zine articles should one of the websites on your list for this strategy.
• Add new SEO-optimized content frequently on your website using high end or high potential keywords that have very little or if possible, no competition.
• Outsource certain projects that are targeted on a specific group. For example, link directories usually attract web owners.
The “Building” Part
• Go with your readers, as this defines building your targeted traffic.
• Suggest any syndication service that interested readers can subscribe to, regardless of whether it is in the form of e-mail or direct feed, just anything that can keep your readers updated. Twitter can be a great tool for this.
• Naturally, quality content will play a major role that makes it an important center of effort for web owners.
• Always give an aura that you are always available on the internet. Offer services that would convince them that you are always active. You can do this even better and easier with the help of a Twitter or Digg account.
• Think about what actually keeps the readers hooked and what could interest them the most. Giving incentives or events can be a great idea to liven up your community.
• Give information, and communicate just as you normally would in any group. One of the biggest priorities that you have to take is to engage and sustain readers, to give them a good reason to explore your site better and to continue coming back for more.
Proper maintenance and treatment of your readers would be the best way to obtain targeted traffic and to ensure long lasting effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. Try to use all tips moderately and do not focus only on one or 2 tips extensively. I often compare this with constructing a house, if you would build your house on one column and this column would break then your house will collapse and you will have to start over, however if you construct your house on many columns, it would be strong and withstanding a failure of one or even more columns, while giving you the time to fix them again.
About the author: Andreas Horch is a professional search engine marketing consultant with over 10 years experience in the internet marketing industry and CEO of Linknami.com, which offers online marketing and advertising tools for webmasters, seo’s and small businesses.