- Gender: I’m a guy, so the picture is of a gal (well endowed of course)
- Relationship Status: I’m single, so they are pushing a dating site (that’s Facebook ads in a nutshell for me)
- Date: This title is only good for 1, maybe 2 days. That’s pretty dang targeted folks
Most likely the ad was also targeted by age, but I can’t say for sure.
Upcoming Holidays = Opportunity
With the targeting options available in Facebook you have some huge opportunities coming up over the next three months. Here are a few suggestions you might consider:
- Thanksgiving/Black Friday: Why not run ads that mention a specific promotion for the holiday? Make sure you have a landing page to match the ad, but make them feel like they’re getting a special deal
- Christmas: Run some ads targeting Cyber Monday. Run ads guaranteeing delivery before Christmas up until the very last day you can actually deliver on the promise. Put the number of days left in the ad such as “Only 2 days left to guarantee your present arrives before Christmas”
- New Year’s: Obviously you’re going to see a lot of health and dieting offers around New Year’s to correspond with everyone’s resolutions. What about an ad that speaks to people’s frustration with failing on their resolutions every year? For example, run this ad on New Year’s Day – “Just 31 days until you break your New Year’s resolutions. We can get you past Feb. 1”
- Hanukkah or Kwanzaa: Use the right keywords and you can reach very specific demographics at just the right time of year
The holiday season is in full swing. Are you taking advantage of it?