Christmas is approaching and the new year is upon us. Here’s the latest PPC info to prepare you for 2014:
- Seer Interactive – How Google AdWords Rank Algorithm Update Increased Brand CPC’s by 600 Percent -Amanda Mancuso noticed a sizable dip and subsequent rebound in the CPCs of one of her clients exact match brand terms between October 1st and November 1st of this year. She says that the only change that occurred during that time was the ad rank algorithm update.
- Bing Ads Blog – Bing Ads Pros: The Gift That Gives Year ‘Round – Christen Anderson lays out the ease with which we can all become Bing Ads Pros and get listed in the Bing Ads Find A Pro & Membership Directory. This appears to be in response to the Google Partners revamp, with one difference – you can pause the BingAds accreditation test at any time and take it later.
- Search Engine Land – Default Campaign Settings in AdWords – The Good, The Bad & The Ugly – David Rodnitzky begins his breakdown of AdWords’ infamous default settings with a tale of woe about a new overzealous PPC account manager. David points out that the default settings can really wreak havoc when you don’t have a thorough knowledge of them. Basically, nothing good has ever come from someone running a campaign on both the search and display networks.
- WordStream – How to Survive the Google AdWords Advanced Search Exam – Margot da Cunha offers us 5 tips for passing the Google AdWords Advanced Search Exam: Don’t feel like you have to read everything, practice practice practice, write down formulas, remember more than one answer may be correct, and of course, relax.
- PPC Hero – A PPC Marketer’s New Year’s Resolution [New Webinar] – The latest webinar by PPC hero covered better organization for better PPC management, making the most of limited time, and what new AdWords features to master for the coming year. Don’t let bad PPC habits get in the way of superior PPC management.
- Certified Knowledge – The Complete AdWords Audit Part 3: Campaign Settings & Bid Adjustents – In the third installment of The Complete AdWords Audit, we again learn that Google’s default settings are not always the best. Be sure and take full advantage of new settings since the enhanced-campaigns switch. To get a broad and a quick view of settings across various campaigns, go to the Settings tab in the interface, choose All enabled campaigns and add all of the available columns.
- Search Engine Journal – 5 Tips for Maximizing Your AdWords Campaign with Bjorn Espenes of Finch – According to Bjorn, do not buy clicks from Google, buy outcomes. Also, always use all extensions and parameters on your ads.
- Inside AdWords – Just in time for the holidays – viewability across the Google Display Network – A new feature in the bid strategy section of “Bidding and Budget” allows you to only pay when your ad becomes viewable.
There you have it. Happy Holidays!