- Acquisio Blog – PPC for Consideration, Part 3 of the Top-to-Bottom Strategy Series – Ariana Wolf points out that bidding generously on brand terms helps you avoid losing clicks to paid ads above the organic results. Bid on keywords that signal intent to buy.
- Inside AdWords – New Look and Simpler Navigation Rolling Out in AdWords – Google announces that AdWords will undergo some redesign to its interface in order to make things “simpler”. These adjustments will follow the perogative of making AdWords feel more like other Google products and applications.
- Search Engine Watch – iBeacon: Goodbye Showrooming, Hello In-Store Purchase – Apple’s iBeacon will make proximity marketing ubiquitous.
- PPC Hero – Labels In The AdWords Editor! Is It But A Dream? – In January, PPC Hero takes a look at PPC wishlists. Wouldn’t labels in the AdWords Editor be nice? Work around this with scripts in the meantime.
- Certified Knowledge Blog – The Complete AdWords Audit Part 5: Impression Share & Auction Insights – 100% impression share is almost impossible to reach except when bidding on brand terms. 90% is more than enough. Using the IS columns (Search Lost IS), you can see where you are missing impressions due to budget limits.
- Bing Ads Blog – Bing Ads Editor Update: Upcoming Sync Setting Enhancements – The latest version of the BingAds Editor will allow you to streamline the Get/Post Changes process. You will also be able to choose which parts of the account you wish to download.
- The Clix Marketing PPC Blog – 6 Best Practices for PPC Naming Conventions to Make Your Life Easier – Make sure you name your campaigns using detailed information that is unlikely to change. Start with the biggest descriptors – network and geo-targeting usually.
- AimClear Blog – The #PPC Magic Kingdom: Keys To Constructing Thematic Campaigns – Thematic campaigns keep your account organized and properly segmented.
That’s it for this week! See you next time!