In the life of any PPC account, you come to a point where returns are diminishing and your results could use a pick-me-up. This is a great time for an independent PPC audit.
Why Get An Independent Audit?
Let me tell you a story. I grew up on a farm and we had a large garden where we grew tomatoes. If you didn’t know, the tomato is in the same family as nightshade (a poisonous plant) and has been bred for years to achieve the large, red fruit we eat today. However, the most dramatic improvements in tomato breeding have been accomplished through cross-pollination.
Typically, a tomato will self-pollinate, meaning that male flowers will pollinate the female flowers and therefore seeds are genetic duplicates of the parent. That’s great for consistency, but just like our PPC accounts, we want improvement. To accomplish this, tomato growers carefully pollinate two different tomato varieties with desirable qualities. This produces a tomato that is better than either parent variety, a concept called hybrid vigor. The objective of an independent PPC audit is to obtain a PPC account with superior performance.
What You Get
The audit process follows 3 steps:
- Questionnaire – This document is filled out by the current campaign manager and sets the foundation for the audit. It includes any budget, targeting or messaging constraints as well as goals and KPIs.
- Audit – This is where I go to work, checking over 50+ areas of your account such as:
- Account, Campaign & Ad Group settings – These are often “out of sight, out of mind”
- Ad copy performance – What phrases are working best? Which are lagging?
- Keyword performance – What keywords are your stars? What keywords are your dogs?
- Landing page match – Do your landing pages match your keywords? Do they deliver on the promises your ad copy makes?
- Much, much more.
- Report – The delivered report includes an Excel spreadsheet with raw data & analysis as well as a PDF containing key findings & recommendations.
Upon delivery of the audit you will have actionable recommendations to immediately improve the performance of your PPC account. You’ll also have new ideas for targeting, ad testing and keywords to help your account grow and benefit from this cross-pollination.
Your audit helped reduce overall spend by $4k and improve CPA by 7%