- The WordStream Blog – How to Get New Clients: Top 6 Tips from Successful PPC Agencies – Veteran agency owners say 90% of new business comes from client referrals. Make every employee a brand ambassador.
- SEER Interactive Blog – SEO/Content Tool Fueling PPC Strategy – Using SEO tools, SEER was able to boost results in a client’s paid search campaign when direct traffic on the appropriate keywords was non-existent.
- Search Engine People Blog – These Mobile Marketing Facts Have Been Established In The Past 12 Months – Android was the clear winner in 2013, commanding over 80% of mobile market share. Through smartphone GPS, companies can target people when they are near a physical store location.
- Search Engine Land Blog – At The Digital Crossroads: Shifting To Audience-Centric Marketing – In the first half of 2013, search advertising represented 43% of all digital ad revenue. Display is advantageous though in some respects because you have more information and make less assumptions about your target audience.
- Search Engine Journal – 50 Strategies To Increase Click Through Rate Via PPC Advertising – Understanding markets from your client’s perspective is essential to increasing CTR. Modifying and enhancing landing pages indirectly increases CTR by improving quality score.
- Inside AdWords – Improving users’ advertising experiences with in-ad surveys – Google has allowed users to mute display ads that they don’t want to see for over a year now. Over the next few weeks a survey will begin to appear after an ad is muted to gather more information about ad relevance.
- Bing Ads Blog – Bing Ads Reporting Series: Understanding the Call Details Report – The Call details report includes information about the time and date calls were made, the length of calls, and the associated campaign. This can help you optimize your call extensions.
- Certified Knowledge – Should You Create Ad Group Sitelinks in Enhanced Campaigns? – For high-volume low-value items, average order value is the only metric that is even slightly positively affected by the use of ad group sitelinks versus campaign sitelinks. For high-value items, CTR and conversion rate are positively affected, but average order is negatively affected.