- This ad has 3 DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBERS!
- The first number (1) is a call extension tracking number from Google, the second (2) is their actual number and matches their location extension number, and the third (3) is another number inserted into a sitelink.
- This is a very competitive & expensive space – the AdWords keyword tool estimated CPC is $97.77 and he’s ranking #1 on the term.
Should You Have a Phone Number in Your Ads?
If a phone call is valuable to you then, yes, you should have a phone number in your ad. However, there are several ways to accomplish this (as we see above):
- Phone Extension – This would be my recommendation for desktop ads such as the one above. Google inserts a tracking number so that calls report back into AdWords.
- Phone Number in Ad Copy – This is discourage by Google and will likely get your ad disapproved.
- Phone Number in Sitelinks – Same as above. Expect a disapproval.